Monday, March 5, 2012

Fun things from Japan

We've almost made it a week!!

This post might be a little long.... I have so much to show you!!

Saturday we walked all over town. The weather was actually nice, no rain! We went to lunch with the only people I know here in Japan, Yoshi and Misa. They spoil us rotten! We decided they're going to be Dallin's Japanese Grandparents... We ate all sorts of yummy things. Fresh Ramen, Chahan, and all sorts of other things I couldn't name.



















We also did some food shopping. Food is a bit more expensive here than in America, but it's not too bad. Fruit, however, is outrageous! We found the temple. It's only a 15 minute walk from our house. It's in an amazing part of town surronded by a huge park and a whole bunch of embassy's. Our church building is right next to it. The ward has about 60 people or so and was so welcoming. I have never met such friendly people!


Interesting things in Japan


At almost every block, even in the middle on neighbor hoods are these soda machines. They have warm and cold drinks. Like a warm corn drink.. yuck.. there's lots of yummy ones too though.








Every third person is wearing a mask like below. Apparently they do it more so to protect the people around them from their own sickness than anything else. So nice! 50% of the women are in a short skirt with dark tights.. lol got to love it.

I made my first Japanese meal, Yaki Soba (dont count on my spelling). It's noodles, cabbage, bean sprouts, corn, egg, chicken and the Yaki Soba sauce. I loved it! Really yummy!

I think we are really settling in and the weather is supposed to improve next month so I'm thrilled!

Dallin

And finally, last but not least, our sweet boy!!!!! He smiles constantly and has all sorts of cute baby coo's!! I love it.

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie! Look at all those smiles! Can't wait for you to cook for us and teach us some yummy things, so glad you have found a friend or two! Sounds like life is survivable!Mandy

    ReplyDelete